'NETS', The Newborn & pædiatric Emergency Transport Service is a statewide service of NSW Health; hosted by the Sydney Children's Hospitals Network. It is the only service of its kind in Australia; providing expert clinical advice, clinical co-ordination, emergency treatment and stabilisation and inter-hospital transport for very sick or injured babies and children up to the age of 16 years. NETS operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NETS is a hospital with no walls!
NETS is not just a transport service, NETS provides a referral service for hospitals faced with a neonatal or pædiatric emergency. Discussion about children with illness or injury occurs via conference calls with a NETS consultant and other clinical experts.
NETS ensures no matter where someone lives, they can be assured that their baby or child will receive the same commitment to care as if living next to a children's hospital. Our goal is to do everything possible to bring care to a child; wherever they are - as if they were in a specialist hospital.
Where is NETS?
NETS is located at Bankstown Aerodrome in Sydney, with satellite services for newborns in Newcastle and Canberra. NETS ambulances support local needs in Wagga Wagga and the Shoalhaven. The Service 'belongs' to any one of 254 hospitals which call for help from time to time across NSW and the ACT.
How can you help?
NETS relies on the community for nearly all of the medical equipment used to treat newborns and children transported by our teams. Your contribution can make a difference!
Click here to donate to NETS online,
complete a form for posting,
call NETS Donation Line 1800 10 NETS (1800 10 6387), or
support NETS Fundraising Events
Did you know?
- At one time or another NETS will touch the lives of many if not most of us. One in 49 in NSW will use NETS sometime during their childhood. For regional and rural areas, the chance of using NETS is even higher - at 1 in 38.
- An average NETS mission takes over 6 hours and costs the equivalent of 1 to 4 days of intensive care; depending on the time and distance involved.
Take a look around our website to see how you can help save a child's life!
Register on the NETS website; requesting Health Professional status
- Confirmation of status will be confirmed by NETS. This happens quicker if you used a recognized health professional email address
- If you tick the 'Receive Newsletter' box, you'll be sent clinical updates and client surveys which are vital to us improving the service
- Browse to the Health Professional tab at the right-hand end of the red band
Elective Retrieval bookingsElective Retrieval Bookings
For use by Tertiary hospitals requiring a non-urgent medical retrieval.
Complete this fo...